Friday, April 2, 2010

Sportsgirl Nail It! in “Angels Kiss”

 

P1080201

 

Bought this at a Sportsgirl sale, where it was going for AUD$4.95 (instead of its usual $7.95). Half of my attraction to this polish stemmed from its name… Angel’s kiss.. aww…

I have on 2 layers of basecoat ( in an attempt to lessen the yellowing – eeks!), 2 layers of color, and Jessica Dazzle Topcoat. This lasted me about 6 days with no chips, only some tipwear (though admittedly I don’t do much intensive housework, so my nails are spared from all the scrubbing and stuff. I do knit & crochet & craft though)

In the bottle, it’s a light nudish pink with some teeny-tiny red and gold shimmer. However, once applied, the color turned much more orangey/coral, and was way darker than it appeared in the bottle (see above pic). I didn’t like the change very much, as I’m not into orangey tones for some reason.

Photo0424

The interesting thing about this polish, however, is that it appears to be different shades of colors in different lighting. For example, in bright sunlight, when I was checking out my nails while waiting for the traffic lights to change, the color appeared like I’d wished it to be – plain nude with no orangey tinge.

The orangey tinge seemed to fade off abit over the next 2 days though (or maybe I just got used to the color). Decided to spice up the manicure abit, so this is what I did: P1080207 Forgot which polish I used for the tips though. This is what happens when one takes photos without taking notes. Oh well… Iirc, it’s a pale light pinkish polish from BYS. And yes, please excuse the dry skin/cuticles.. they’re a work in progress still :)

The nailart was inspired from somewhere, will update if I come across the inspiration again.. I’m sure it’s somewhere in the HUGE amounts of favourited links I have.

Flickr Tags: ,,

No comments:

Post a Comment